Pack a Shoe Box - Bring a Child the Gospel
The shoe boxes you can help pack will be sent around the world, when they get there to their destination, they do more than simply provide gifts to children. They provide the possibilities for children to hear the Gospel for the first time.
- Pastors around the world host shoebox distributions in places where people may not know Christ and invite them to follow Him. Other churches use the boxes as resources for outreach in orphanages and other at-risk areas. In many places, they also offer The Greatest Gift, a Gospel story booklet Samaritan’s Purse developed for shoebox recipients.
- As a result of what they learn in The Greatest Journey, boys and girls grow in Christ and share with friends and family. The students also invite others to their graduations where the Gospel is shared. This often brings parents, siblings, and friends to accept Christ and become active members in the local church. Families are reached, churches grow, new churches are started, and communities are transformed.
How to Pack a Shoebox
Click here to download the instructions.
- Find a Shoebox - Start with an average-size cardboard or plastic shoebox. If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately.
- Girl or Boy? - Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
- Fill with Gifts - Select a quality “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal. Then add other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. Click Here for suggestions.
- Pray - Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
- Follow Your Box Labels - Donate $7 online and receive a tracking label to Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your shoebox gift.
- Drop-Off - Bring your box to the church on by Monday, November 13 to the church office between 8:00a-5:00p.
Want to participate but don't have the time to pack a shoebox? Click here to pack one virtually.